Defective Medical Device Lawyers
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Injured Clients Nationwide in Class Action Lawsuits
Medical devices are intended to resolve health problems and improve your health. Far too often, these devices have the opposite effect. They can create problems worse than the ones they were designed to fix.
The attorneys of Salter Ferguson, LLC, based in Birmingham, represent people who have been injured by defective medical devices. We also represent the survivors of those who died because of a defective medical device.
If you or a family member was injured by a defective medical device, please contact our personal injury law firm at your earliest convenience. We will listen to your concerns, answer your questions and advise you of your legal options.
We are experienced in representing clients in cases involving dangerous medical devices such as:
- Mirena IUDs: In addition to causing pain, bleeding, infection and perforation of the uterus, these intrauterine devices can migrate out of the uterus and require surgery to remove. Mirena IUDs also cause Pseudotumor Cerebri.
- Transvaginal mesh: Defective mesh and bladder slings cause pelvic pain, infection, perforation of the bladder or bowel, incontinence and painful intercourse.
- Hip replacements: Friction from movement can release metal particles into the body, which may result in bone, muscle and nerve damage.
- Knee replacements: Some knee implants fail prematurely, causing pain, inflammation, bone or muscle damage, and costly revision surgery.
- Bair Hugger forced air warming blankets: Blankets used to keep post-surgical patients warm can spread bacteria and lead to infections when used after hip or knee implant surgeries.
- IVC (inferior vena cava) filters: These filters can rupture, migrate and perforate the vein into which they are implanted. Risks include severe bleeding, organ puncture and heart or lung embolism.
Please call us even if the device that injured you is not included on the list above. Problems caused by defective medical devices are discovered on a daily basis.
Attorney Karen Salter is a registered nurse as well as a lawyer. Carmen Ferguson was an insurance adjuster prior to becoming an attorney. Our experience benefits clients injured by dangerous medical devices.
At Salter Ferguson, LLC, we represent clients on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing upfront and nothing out of pocket. Our fees come as a percentage of the compensation we obtain for you. This fee arrangement provides access to quality legal representation to people of all economic backgrounds.
To arrange a free initial consultation, contact us online. We offer a flexible appointment schedule, including evenings, weekends and off-site appointments. From our office in Birmingham, we represent people injured by defective medical devices and other dangerous products nationwide.