Birmingham Negligent Security Liability Attorneys
Skilled Local Lawyers Representing People Injured by Negligent Security Across Central Alabama
Property owners must take care to make their properties reasonably safe. If they fail to do so and someone is injured, the property owner may be held financial responsible for damages. Keeping a property safe includes taking adequate and appropriate security measures.
At Salter Ferguson, LLC, our attorneys represent people who are injured because of a property owner’s negligent security. We seek financial compensation for damages when a lack of proper security leads to serious personal injury.
Inadequate security can result in:
- Physical assault
- Sexual assault
How Does It Happen?
There are innumerable ways that inadequate security can lead to serious injury. Following are a few common scenarios:
- An apartment building has an inadequate lock and overgrown bushes near the front door. These negligent conditions put residents at risk.
- The lights are burned out in a far corner of a parking lot. The darkness provides cover for individuals of ill intent. Customers could be robbed, assaulted or worse.
- A night club has no bouncers or security guards on duty. Multiple people are injured when a fight breaks out and the crowd cannot be controlled.
In each of these scenarios, the property owner had a duty to protect lawful visitors to or occupants of their property from foreseeable crimes committed by third parties.
Where Does It Happen?
Our attorneys represent clients injured due to inadequate security in a wide range of venues, including:
- Shopping centers, hotels, gas stations, convenience stores, apartments and businesses
- Hospitals, nursing homes, day care centers
- Bars, nightclubs, restaurants, concert venues, sporting event centers
- Parking lots
Why Does It Happen?
Injuries occur because the property owner or manager was negligent in one or more ways. We represent people injured by all types of negligent security, including those involving:
- Lack of adequate lighting
- Lack of or poorly trained security guards or bouncers
- Lack of proper locks, fences, security cameras or alarm systems
- Failure to warn of a dangerous condition
- Failure to inspect property for dangerous conditions
- Employment of individuals with criminal backgrounds
- Lack of security policies and procedures
We often find that attacks and other tragedies are not accidents, but were foreseeable events, given the lack of proper security.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney Today!
If you were seriously injured because of inadequate security, it is important to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer. To arrange a free initial consultation with a member of our legal team, contact our personal injury law firm online to speak with a dedicated member of our firm. We offer a flexible appointment schedule to accommodate your medical appointments and your employment commitments. We will also schedule home or hospital visits when you are unable to travel to our office. From our office in Birmingham, we represent victims of inadequate security throughout central Alabama.