Defective Product & Drug Attorneys
Skilled Personal Injury Trial Lawyers Serving Seriously Injured Clients in Mass Torts and Class Action Lawsuits Nationwide
At Salter Ferguson, LLC, our attorneys are experienced in cases involving defective medications, defective medical devices and defective products that cause serious injury and harm to individuals.
We represent clients nationwide that have been harmed by dangerous drugs and defective product such as:
- Transvaginal mesh: Surgical mesh used in pelvic surgery for women has caused serious injuries and resulted in tens of thousands of individual lawsuits against manufacturers. If you have been injured, you may have a case for compensation.
- Talcum powder: Talcum powder has been linked to ovarian cancer.
- Xarelto and Pradaxa: A new generation of blood thinners used to prevent stroke, Xarelto and Pradaxa have been known to cause uncontrollable bleeding and death.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPI): These drugs used to treat heartburn and other symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GRD), can cause life-threatening complications.
- Defective medications: Dangerous drugs intended to improve your health can cause serious injuries.
- Defective medical devices: From implantable devices to a post-surgical warming blanket, medical devices can pose hidden dangers to patients.
- IVC filters: Inferior vena cava (IVC) filters can cause serious complications when parts of these devices fracture or break off inside the body.
- Taxotere: This chemotherapy drug can cause permanent hair loss, called Taxotere alopecia.
Our attorneys seek justice for clients in these cases by filing mass tort claims. These types of legal cases allow a group of similarly injured people to seek financial compensation collectively through the civil court system, even though their specific circumstances may differ. Each mass tort claimant maintains an individual case.
Mass tort cases, sometimes referred to as multi-district litigation, are complex. Not every law firm has the resources and skill to pursue these types of cases. At Salter Ferguson, LLC we have a record of success in cases against large corporations whose negligence may have harmed thousands of people.
Legal Help You Can Rely On
If you have been injured by the negligence, recklessness or carelessness of another person, company or organization, please contact us to discuss your case. We will review the facts, explain the legal issues involved, answer your questions and advise you of your legal options. We will let you know if a mass tort case is appropriate in your specific situation.
We represent clients on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing upfront. Our fees come as a percentage of whatever financial compensation we can obtain in your case. This arrangement gives people of all economic circumstances access to justice.
To arrange a free initial consultation with our attorneys, please call our office directly or contact us online. From our office in Birmingham, we handle cases involving defective products, dangerous drugs and defective medical devices nationwide. We also represent clients in personal injury cases throughout central Alabama.